Skip to main content

01845 537 349

Enquire Now


Explanation of holiday use at Hillside Meadow Lodges

Hillside Meadow Lodges is a holiday park and it is important you consider what that means. The following questions and answers explain the holiday use requirement.

Holiday lodges at our park can only be used for holiday purposes. This means the holiday home may not be someone’s main residence. That is why we ask you about the address of your main residence and will continue to do so while you own the holiday home.

A holiday is a period of recreation away from your main residence, during which no work is done.

There is no hard and fast rule because people’s individual circumstances vary so much. The point is that someone who is on holiday has their main residence elsewhere where they mainly live.

There is no limit to the number of holidays which can be taken in the holiday lodge provided that it is not used as someone’s only or main place of residence.

No as commuting to work or school from Hillside Meadow Lodges would be taken as strongly indicating the holiday home is being used as someone’s main residence.

Of course people get ill on holiday and may use the local doctor as a temporary patient. It should not be necessary for someone with a main residence elsewhere to register with the doctor for holiday periods unless they have particular health requirements.

Being retired does not mean you are on holiday. The test is whether you have a main residence elsewhere.

Yes but all the facts are relevant when deciding whether the overseas property or the holiday lodge is your main residence. These would include whether you own the overseas property or, if it is rented then how long you have rented it for, how much time you spend in the holiday home and how much in the overseas property.

Definitely not. This would not be consistent with holiday use. However if someone wanted to keep in touch with their work or business whilst they are on holiday for example, they could use a laptop, tablet or smartphone.

We do not facilitate this. If post is delivered as a matter of course this would indicate the holiday home is being used as a sole or main place of residence.

No. Business rates and not Council Tax are charged for holiday lodges. Paying Council Tax or receiving Housing Benefit to pay the pitch fees would be taken as strongly indicating the holiday home is being used as a main residence.

Your licence agreement with us contains your undertaking to comply with the holiday condition. If you broke that we would ask you to stop doing so. If you were to fail to comply, we would be entitled to terminate the agreement and to ask you to remove the holiday lodge. The planning authority might also take action against you for breach of the holiday condition by serving an Enforcement Notice.

Enquire Now

  • *
  • *